DoinStuff.com Doin Stuff

Doin Stuff is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It features the latest hot spots visited and RV traveling. We explore ghost towns, old west towns and pioneer trails.
Featured articles on the latest medical procedures performed in Salt Lake City, Utah and other interesting stories.



Visit our merchant list of favorite bargain shopping sites

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Pioneer Memories

Some of the memories from the pioneers have been recovered. They have been found in journals that loved one have handed down.
Memories
I can just close my eyes and see everything, the endless walking, walking, ever to remain in my memory. I was so tired. As a youngster I cried and hung onto the handcart,just to be pushed away. My parents were to tired to help me.
Memory
One day we came to a section inhabited by rattlesnakes. We would have to jump over them, watching very careful not to step on one.
Memory:
By the time we reached Devils Gate, in Wyoming, we were out of provisions. Many pioneers had died or were dieing. All of the camp was asleep,then suddenly awakened by a noise,we thought it was indians yelling. How great was our surprise, a relief team from Salt lake was bringing food.
Memory:
We could see buffalo as thick as leaves on the trees for miles around. Sometimes they had to be scared with a gunshot to move them off the trail so we could get by.
Memory:
My feet were so swollen from walking I could not wear my shoes. Then when the swelling went down, my feet were so sore from all the alkali I never had on a pair of shoes for the rest of the journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home